WELCOME TO AUSTRALIAN ASSOCIATION FOR RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
The Australian Association for Religious Education is a non-denominational organisation focused on assisting teachers to provide quality religious education. Whether you are a religious coordinator, RE teacher or chaplain we are here to aid in your professional development. Through our state affiliates in Victoria, Queensland and Western Australia we provide networking events, educational seminars and conferences focusing on professional development for religious educators.
Let’s take a moment to prepare for the special annual celebration of Mother’s Day!
Where would we be without mothers: we wouldn’t be and we educators wouldn’t have a job!
Churches, organisations and Christian political parties are praying for the Religious Freedoms Review currently underway.
Pray for the reviewer team who would likely have been provided with a share of the 16,000 submissions to read, rather than all reading them all!
If you know of any submission sent in – see if you can get a copy forwarded to us at AARE?
We would appreciate knowing the insights from more submissions as our Association covers a broad scope of people.
Submissions have now closed: but 16,500 submissions were sent in by the extended due date.
Our Objectives are
- To promote co-operation and understanding among educators in schools and universities working in the field of spirituality, ethics, philosophy, values and religious education.
- To promote the teaching of religious studies and foster the development of religious education in schools and universities and thus promote the educational goals of these institutions.
- To promote curriculum planning and research in schools and universities into the study of the teaching of religion.
- To foster conferences, seminars, publications and other activities which will improve in schools and universities the quality of teaching and research in the field of religious education.
- To assist the work of chaplaincy and pastoral care in schools and other educational institutions.
- The Association serves as the professional voice to various State and National educational authorities on relevant matters.